How to Get Here
Directions to Arrowhead Mountain Lodge (AML)
DO NOT use GPS. Too many guests trusted theirs to only be misguided and lost in a dead-end field without cell signal 2 hours away!
Our road is located exactly halfway between Montrose and Gunnison off Highway 50 in the Arrowhead Canyon. The turn off the highway is at mile 123.4 or between mile marker 123 and 124.
A blue signpost “Arrowhead Lodge” and a brown “Alpine Plateau” signs are on the highway before the turn. The road you turn on will have a row of mailboxes to the right.
From Gunnison-Crested Butte Airport:
* US-50 W (32.8 miles).
* Alpine Plateau Rd/Co Rd 867, left (5.5 miles).
From Montrose Airport:
* Left onto Townsend Ave, (0.8 miles).
* Left at Maple Rd/N. San Juan Ave, (1.4 miles).
* Left at US-50 E./E Main St, (30 miles).
* Right onto Alpine Plateau Rd/Co Rd 867, (5.5 miles).
* AML on the right
From Colorado Springs:
* I-25 to Exit 141, to US-24 W, Cimarron Street, (76 miles).
* US-Hwy 285 S/ US-24, left (35 miles).
* US-50 W, right (93 miles).* Alpine Plateau Rd/Co Rd 867, left (5.5 miles).
From Denver International Airport:
* Pena Blvd to I-70 West
* I-70 West (25 miles) to Exit 260, merge onto CO-470 toward Colorado Springs.
* CO-470 (5.7 miles) to exit to US-285 S toward Fairplay.
* US-285 S (102 miles) at “T “ junction continue left turn onto US-285 S.
* US-285 S (21 miles) to right turn onto W US Highway 50.
* W US-50 over Monarch Pass, through Gunnison (93 miles) to exit right onto County Rd 867/Alpine Plateau Rd/
* Alpine Plateau Rd is a dirt road. AML is 5.5 miles on the right.